How to hire the right tutor in your area
Posted by Jane on December 13, 2012
One of the top priorities of every parent should be to provide a good education to their children. It is estimated that individuals who attain a higher education have a greater financial stability, since their earning potential is double or triple in comparison to those who do not hold a degree. During the primary and secondary years, many children face school challenges that require the help of a tutor. There are many reasons why some parents seek the assistance of a tutor. Of note, a child does not necessarily have to be doing poor in school work in order to benefit from this service.
It is common to request the help of a tutor when children are scheduled to take a big examination such as: FCAT, SAT or College Entrance Examination or any other testing that will measure your child’s general knowledge. However, if your child is already exhibiting signs of poor school performance with grades falling gradually, then you want to take the time to find a tutor for your child who can transmit their knowledge on an individualized manner, so your child is able to grasp the information faster. Here, you will find a few recommendations on how to search a good tutor for your child:
• Many tutors who are highly experienced in the area of tutoring may ask for your child to complete a Diagnostic test prior to working with your child. This is a way of a assessing your child’s areas of strengths and weaknesses.
• Define your goals: Parents must carefully search a tutor for their child who has a lot of experience in the subject where your child is having difficulties. If a tutor is highly qualified to teach Science, it does not mean she or he is qualified to teach Math.
• Matching your child’s personality with the one of the tutor will ensure a great working alliance between the two for a common goal. For instance, if the tutor is too demanding, and your child does not have enough commitment to work with the tutor, then you will know that goals are not going to be met.
• It is always recommended to hire a tutor who has numerous positive clients’ reviews from other parents, since this will tell you that you are hiring the right person for your child. There are online options that have an ebay-style rating system where you can simply log on and search for tutors in a specific area by searching New Jersey Tutors for example.
• If you are searching for tutors in popular sites like Craig list, you have to always make sure that you obtain their complete record information prior to hiring them. This will ensure the safety of your child.With all these tips in mind, it will be easier for you to find a tutor that will best suit your child’s needs.